Monday 9 January 2012

Postcards

I made the most of my day off from work, by giving the apartment a big clean up. Its something I've been meaning to do for a little while, but kept putting off.
Through the course of the day everything was pulled apart, sorted and reorganized. I couldn't quite believe just how much junk I had been hoarding! Lots of things for charity, recycling and the garbage men to take away. Not only does the apartment feel cleaner and more roomy, my head does also. I feel less hectic and more calm, which can only be a good thing at the start of a new week!

Whilst sorting through some folders I came across old Birthday, Christmas and Anniversary cards Dennis and I had unknowingly been saving. It was so nice to read through the messages we had written to each other, along with the messages from close friends and family. It really made me feel very lucky and happy to have so many close people in my life.

I also found a collection of postcards in our folders that Dennis had collected on a trip to Denmark. I really loved each of them. Such interesting pictures, I couldn't help but share with you!
Here is a selection of some of the postcards, good luck cards, Birthday and Anniversary cards. They really put a smile on my face and I hope you will also enjoy looking through them :-)



















This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

2 comments:

  1. Love your new blog look! Doesn't it feel awesome to clear out clutter? My days are so much more productive when things are put away and organized.

    Have a great week! :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blog design!! Love hearing your news too. You are both so talented :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!